Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone keeps restarting!

My S3 keeps restarting like literally every 10 seconds I can't do anything with my phone right now. All I want is just to get all my photos is there a way to transfer the photos on to my laptop? I have tried everything the laptop won't read the device if its turned off :/

Global Posts
    26,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Phone keeps restarting!

Quote Originally Posted by shrir1225 View Post
    My S3 keeps restarting like literally every 10 seconds I can't do anything with my phone right now. All I want is just to get all my photos is there a way to transfer the photos on to my laptop? I have tried everything the laptop won't read the device if its turned off :/
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try pulling your battery out and placing it on a flat surface, like a table with no tablecloth. Try to spin the battery. If it does, the battery is bulged and needs to be replaced.
    ‚Äč
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

If you can hold the session longer than 10 seconds, try to reboot in recovery (Vol Up+Home+Power at the same time). When you get to the recovery menu, choose "Clear Cache" on the menu using the Vol Down button and press Power button to "enter" the selection. Once the cache is cleared, reboot the system using your power button.

If this does not solve your problem, you will have to do a factory reset. That process is described on the forums in multiple places. Please remember to backup your local data, which will get erased during the factory reset. However, your data on your external SD card (if you have one) will not be erased. Once the reset is done, you will get into a recovery mode, and your apps will be automatically reinstalled through Google Play. You will have to reconfigure some of them.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by shrir1225 View Post
    My S3 keeps restarting like literally every 10 seconds
    If you take the battery out and reinsert it, does the phone turn itself on (without you pressing the Power button)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk