Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Deleting photos/videos HELP

Hi there. When I open my Gallery, I want to be able to delete all photos and videos quickly. So far I'm not having much luck. Some single albums I CAN select delete but others, the only option is 'Details' - not helpful. I can't even open an album and delete one by one as

a) it would take forever
    b) Gallery won't let me delete some photos.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks.

Anise O

Default Re: Deleting photos/videos HELP

Hello and welcome to the forums!

When I first open the Gallery app it defaults to the 'Album' view - if I long-press on one of the albums the view changes slightly to show checkboxes for each album, with a trash can icon in the upper right. At that point I can select any NORMAL albums and delete them at one fell swoop.

Note that you may have SPECIAL albums shown which cannot be deleted through the Gallery. Examples of these might be named 'Auto Backup', 'Hangout', etc. (I believe the former is from Picasa and the latter is from Google Hangouts; you may have others from Facebook, etc.), and they probably have a special icon shown on the album - in those cases you may have to use the app that was responsible for their creation in order to delete them.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you very much. Now I realise why I can't delete these folders.Great help.

Anise O

Refer to this post http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1993828
    if you'd like more information on getting rid of the Picasa album. It would be worthwhile to read through the whole thread for other ideas.

(That cleared out my SPECIAL 'Auto Backup' and 'Hangout' albums while leaving everything else untouched.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk