Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Samsung Galaxt S3 4g LTE to Straighttalk

Quick question.

A friend of mine gave me her Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE phone, since she got one she liked better. I went to StraighttalkBYOP.COM site to do the compatibility test. I enter the IMEI number and zip code. Told me that the phone was indeed compatible. Then, told me to go to Walmart and purchase the activation kit. I did that.

Then I go to the activation site, enter the IMEI number and zip, and choose that it is a LTE phone and not an iphone. Tells me that coverage is not available in my area. Which is BS since I have had service for the last 5+ years.

Then I tried doing it again and not choose the LTE and put it to no, just to see if that would matter. Again, told me no coverage.

So, I called Straighttalk and spoke to 2 different reps, and both gave me different stories.

First rep told me, that the phone wouldn't work because it took sim cards. I told him, so what, over 90% of their phones take sim cards. I told them I have regular and nano sim cards. Told me some BS that phones from Verizon with sims will not work.

So I hung up, and called back. This time, the 2nd lady informs me that because it is an LTE phone, it isn't compatible. When I asked her why not, she didn't know. Said that is just what the pc was telling her.

Now here is the question.

When I insert the sim card, it says "this sim card is from an unknown source"

I know I can activate the sim card itself through straight talk, BUT will it then allow the phone to work?

What does the error message "this sim card is from an unknown source" mean.

I am hoping that someone here can provide a favorable answer, before I list it on ebay.

Default Re: Verizon Samsung Galaxt S3 4g LTE to Straighttalk

This Verizon S3 to Straight Talk
    may be of some help.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk