Lock screen issues: Frozen pattern unlock, and clock lag

brownsdawg

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been having some issues in the past few months with my S3.
I have a Sprint S3 running 4.4.2

I notice that when I hit the home button, the lock screen clock is often displaying the time incorrectly. What often happens is that the clock shows the time of my last unlock or refresh, but the status bar at the top right corner will display the correct time. For instance I just checked my screen to see the time and it showed 8:59 a.m. whereas it was really 10:22 a.m. in the upper right corner of the screen. This is annoying.

Also, lately I've had issues where if my phone is running an app in the background (like a graphics-intensive webpage) and the screen turns off, I try to unlock it with a pattern and it will freeze with the pattern showing and not unlock the phone for a good minute or 2. I can hit the home or side button which turns the screen on and off, but the same frozen pattern appears until the phone decides to let me back in.

I've turned the phone off and on multiple times since this started, even swapped out batteries.

Any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been having some issues in the past few months with my S3.
I have a Sprint S3 running 4.4.2

I notice that when I hit the home button, the lock screen clock is often displaying the time incorrectly. What often happens is that the clock shows the time of my last unlock or refresh, but the status bar at the top right corner will display the correct time. For instance I just checked my screen to see the time and it showed 8:59 a.m. whereas it was really 10:22 a.m. in the upper right corner of the screen. This is annoying.

Also, lately I've had issues where if my phone is running an app in the background (like a graphics-intensive webpage) and the screen turns off, I try to unlock it with a pattern and it will freeze with the pattern showing and not unlock the phone for a good minute or 2. I can hit the home or side button which turns the screen on and off, but the same frozen pattern appears until the phone decides to let me back in.

I've turned the phone off and on multiple times since this started, even swapped out batteries.

Any ideas?

I would try clearing the system cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html