Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone tends to be very clumsy

For some time, my S3 has been getting slower and slower. I've had it since day one so I reckon it may not run as smoothly as it used to but now I sometimes have to wait a few seconds for a simple app to launch or before I can input a URL in the browser's address bar. This also significantly reduced the battery life which is now some 15 hours (20 if I'm lucky). What may be the problem?

I'm running 4.3 but it was already getting progressively worse before that so I wouldn't say this is the problem. I don't use animated background and have only the very basic accounts to sync (Dropbox, Evernote, Facebook, Google, Samsung). What may I try to make it run smoother?

Default Re: Phone tends to be very clumsy

You should update to the latest 4.4.x (if available), then perform a Factory Reset and wipe the system cache in Recovery mode.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Don't forget to back everything up first.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you for the replies. Isn't there something less invasive than wiping eveything, though? I mean - I know it will surely show the biggest boost in performance but that's days of setting everything up again and installing back the apps and configuring them

If you want something less destructive than a Factory Reset you can boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

OK, thank you, done. Will see if it helped at least a bit
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Regretfully, after a few days of testing it's safe to say that there is no boost in performance whatsoever. Is there anything more (non-destructive as well, if possible) I may try?

Don't be afraid. Just do it. You'll be glad you did. My exp just last week.
    Factory Reset / Kies question