Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Took my gs3 off charge in the morning, did not turn on.

Hi Everyone,

About a week ago I had my gs3 on charge for the duration of the night ready to use it in the morning (I charge it for the whole night, almost every night) and I tried to access it in the morning and it would not turn on no matter what I did. I tried taking the battery out for a few minutes and then putting it back in a charging but it did not work. I bought a new battery for the phone and tried to use it but my gs3 still failed to turn on.

Does anyone know why this may be happening if so, how can I fix it?

Thanks.

Default Re: Took my gs3 off charge in the morning, did not turn on.

Welcome to the forums!

When you connect the charger do you see the battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?

If you take the battery out and connect the charger do you briefly see the red LED?

Have you tried a different charger/cable?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

There is no graphic shown, the light does not turn on and I have tried a different charger/cable. None have worked.

I assume you have tried a battery pull to see if removing the battery and reinserting it helped?

ugh I should read the whole post before I answer... sorry please disregard

Quote Originally Posted by TBoyd551 View Post
    None have worked.
    I don't suppose you have an external battery charger? Or a way to charge your battery in another phone? We really need to make sure the battery is not the cause; otherwise it appears that your phone is dead - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I do not have an external battery charger or another device to charge my battery in...

My Verizon S3 did same thing. Your phone is dead. Mine acts as if there is no battery in it even though I know the battery is good and is charged. No signs of life...

Sorry...

Posted via Android Central App

Mine has done almost the same thing three or four times in the last couple of weeks. I have a light that turns green when it's fully charged and when I unhook the cable from it the light is supposed to go off and it displays the lock screen. But when it acts up I can unhook the cable but the light stays on and the screen stays black. I have to hit the home button in order to wake it up. So far I haven't had to remove the battery or anything, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    knock on wood.
    I hope you're backing up anything that you care about and making sure everything is synced that should be - that way, when knocking on wood no longer works, you'll be good to go rather than crying about your data (like so many others that ignore the first warning signs).

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I hope you're backing up anything that you care about and making sure everything is synced that should be - that way, when knocking on wood no longer works, you'll be good to go rather than crying about your data (like so many others that ignore the first warning signs).

Nope I don't know how to do any of that. I don't know what syncing is. I've got a program called Phone Explorer or something like that where I've hooked up the phone to my laptop and saw my contacts but that's about it. All of the videos have been pulled off of it right after they were shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    Nope I don't know how to do any of that. I don't know what syncing is.
    Syncing is what allows your contacts (and other items that you've allowed Google to access) to be kept updated in the cloud in case you need to access it via a web browser on your computer, or in case your phone disappears or is no longer functional.

You can backup most of the information on your phone (contacts, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos, call logs, TouchWiz settings, etc) using a program on your computer called Kies. You can even backup apps (although not app data, IIRC).

It's a good idea to rely on some sort of cloud solution to automatically backup your pictures/videos, just in case something happens before you get to offload them onto your computer. Of course, this requires data access (either Wi-Fi or Mobile data).

Jezza819 likes this.