Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone not accessible ( broken screen plus pattern protection)

I have already read through a lot of threads, but nothing works. It's a simple problem. The screen is dead. Phone still does turn on. USB debugging not enabled and, of course, I can't unlock the pattern, since the screen is dead.
    When I connect it to my computer, the folders are empty. Although, for some reason, the pictures I can still see and retrieve. I just need access to the Whatsapp folder and that's currently impossible.
    The only solution seems to be to dismount the motherboard of the S3 and install it on another S3. But I don't have another S3 and the phone I bought after the S3 broke was the S4.

Default Re: Phone not accessible ( broken screen plus pattern protection)

Are you using an SD card and if so is Whatsapp not storing data on it?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

There's no SD card. I can access the whatsapp images, but all other folders are empty. I need to access the conversations. I don't know why I can see all the pictures, but there's no SD card in the slot.

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandox View Post
    I can access the whatsapp images, but all other folders are empty.
    Very strange indeed - you shouldn't have access to any of the internal memory until the phone is unlocked! (I mean, what's the point of security if people can grab your device and look at some of your content?)

If you have no intention of getting access to another S3 screen so that you can unlock the device the only suggestion I could make would be something like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QW3TBK/...0-20&m1k=vb_ac - this will allow you to connect via HDMI to a monitor/TV so that you can see the screen. If necessary you could use a USB mouse/keyboard for navigation/input. And on the plus side it should work with your new S4.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    leegreg81 likes this.