Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tried to replace glass on s3 but now touch does not work ... how to troubleshoot digitizer?

I was rough as I am not very handy and the screen was very badly cracked, the phone worked fine but ***** that I am I decided to get a prettier view and replace the glass. Now the lcd works but doesn't respond to touch ... the buttons work too.

Is there something I can check to see if I disconnected something? I didn't think to use a static strip ...

Can I control the phone with a mini usb mouse?

Default Re: Tried to replace glass on s3 but now touch does not work ... how to troubleshoot digitizer?

Sounds like the digitizer portion of the display was damaged. Even though they are technically two separate pieces sandwiched together my rule of thumb is your replacing one you should replace the other to rule out any problems. I know many like to take the shortcut and save a few bucks and replace the glass only.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: Tried to replace glass on s3 but now touch does not work ... how to troubleshoot digitizer?

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulZRad View Post
    Can I control the phone with a mini usb mouse?
    If you get something like this you can use a mouse, keyboard and output via HDMI to a monitor/TV! (But that kind of defeats the purpose of having a MOBILE phone.)

You should really look at replacing the complete screen assembly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk