Samsung S3, Wont Boot, Stuck on Samsung Logo Loop and will not enter recover mode.

icepac21

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello, Don't know much about phones phones, but I been jooped into buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, which is unlocked and was told by my son that it needs a new Andriod OS installing. After playing with it for a while I have noticed:

"Samsung Kies" states "no device found" which I'm led to believe I must ignore anyway and then comes up with the message "unable to update device" or something along them lines.

"Entering Recovering Mode" - I have not found it possible by any means to enter this mode, dispite many youtube videos and instructions found online and on samsung website.

"Entering Download Mode" - Upon entering, and pressing the volume up key to continue, It is obvious that the phone does not know it's own model number. where my sons S3 shows it perfectly fine.

Now the person we bought it off, doesnt know what happened and the man at the shop is asking me £60-70 to repair it, that aside, I wanted to know if anyone here would be willing to help me.

I'm interested in reinstalling ODIN and wanted some help:

its pritty simple question, without getting into the phone, how do i know which firmwhere I need and which network it is on. Can I send the IMEI number to a member here? or can someone point me to the download file please?

Many Many thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It appears that you really were 'jooped' (whatever that means in Her Majesty's Kingdom) - someone would have to try really hard to screw things up so badly that Download mode doesn't show the correct model number. Oh well, on with problem solving...

You can find the firmware to load here - mouse-over the region codes until you find your country/carrier (ex. UK/Vodafone) and download that firmware.

You'll use Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07; find a source on XDA) to reload the firmware. Instructions on how to use Odin can be found here.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

icepac21

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks GSDer for your prompt reply,

Hi, Andrioders, was wondering, I cant see a firmware for a unlocked GT-i9300 handset for UK? or can someone work out what network it is on for me via the IMEI?

Many thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There are several different carriers in the UK (Vodafone, O2, etc) - which one are you using? If you're not using one that's listed (since you seem to keep stressing that your phone is 'unlocked') just go ahead and pick one of the ones that IS listed - your SIM card will take care of the network configuration anyway.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

icepac21

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am using ODIN 3 v1.85 and have the ".MD5" on the PDA file section

Tried it with Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time [ All Checked] - not working:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I9300XXEMG4_I9300OXAEMG4_1314436_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Tried it with Re-Partition, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time [ All Checked] - not working:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I9300XXEMG4_I9300OXAEMG4_1314436_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

Tried it with Re-Partition and F. Reset Time [ All Checked] Auto Reboot [Un Checked] - not working:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
That's your problem right there.

You'll have to load a PIT file first. I'm no expert in that area, but I think it's as straightforward as finding the correct PIT file and using Odin to load it. What memory size is your device (16G or 32GB)? The PIT file is specific to each memory size.

BTW, I know I suggested using Odin v3.07; I doubt that has anything to do with your issue, but you really want to use a current version. The only reason I don't recommend v3.09 is that they changed the button labels and it just leads to unnecessary confusion.