Problems after Device Encryption

VSinha

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Dear friends,

I have been using this SGS3 since a long time & recently; in order to have my corporate mail account configured on this phone, I had to encrypt the device.
I performed a full encryption (not fast one) & mail was successfully configured.

However after the encryption I am seeing some frequent problems. Some of these are-

1- Excessive heat- The device is getting warm to hot within few minutes of usage. Even if I try to use maps or music.

2- Device very slow- If I try to open gallery, I often think of running a stop watch to see how much does it takes! It was never a problem earlier.

3- When I call someone, even if the other party receives the call, the status on my screen keeps showing 'Dialling' & the timer counter is not started until after 1 minute or so.

4- If I call someone & disconnect before they accept, the call goes off the screen but still the other party's phone rings anyway.

At this point of time, it simply seems that this device is not very good in encrypted form but before I go back & reset the phone, I am looking for some expert opinions from you folks if this problem can be fixed.

FYI, I am using native EMail app for Exchange ActiveSync.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Problems one and two make complete sense to me (I'm not saying that I EXPECTED them to happen, but I'm not SURPRISED that they're happening) - the phone has to work very hard to decrypt everything from internal memory; use it; then encrypt it again before storing it. That's very processor intensive and it could very well contribute to thermal overload as well as dragging everything to a crawl.

I have no idea why it would be causing your issues with phone calls though - sorry.

I'm surprised that your work requires full encryption just for email - it's normally enough to require a Password for your lock screen.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2