Samsung S3 GT-I9300 Suddenly Died

Lohd Waca

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
After browsing this forum for a while, I've come to a conclusion that the Samsung Galaxy S3 has battery problems and its life is often short-lived due to circumstances I do not know. But this has also been happening to my phone (model mentioned in title) where the phone would suddenly shut off or freeze when it's at 15-30% battery, and I'd have to charge it, or if the screen stays frozen, I have to remove the battery from behind the phone. This time however, my phone has been unable to boot up or be recharged; when I try recharging it, the phone shows the battery image, but it also freezes, so I don't know what the battery level is, and it does not charge as the light on the top-left side did not appear. I also tried booting it as usual, but the screen stays frozen at Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (the screen before the logo and the circling lights). I've tried booting the phone in recovery mode, but so far, I've been able to clear the cache, but when I try to reboot, it is the same problem in the previous sentence. Download mode also seems to work fine, as I can enter the downloading screen, and safe mode is also unavailable, as I've tried holding down the down-volume key after booting it to no avail. To sum up, most of the functions of my phone is still usable, except it will just not boot up. I'm not sure if this is a firmware or battery problem, because I am unable to acquire another battery and I'm trying to avoid a factory reset/wipe because I have not backed up my phone's data yet. I should also mention that when I try booting my phone in both recovery mode and standard mode, it does not vibrate in any way. The phone is rooted. Please help me sort out this mess!

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Your description (particularly the part about the phone shutting off at 15-30%) sounds like a typical battery issue. Check out http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0097...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3806095 for a reasonably priced replacement.

If you're unsure about Safe mode check out http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242

I'll have to disagree with your assessment of poor battery lifetime - I've had the phone and original battery for just over two years with no issue - perhaps it has more to do with how people treat (or mistreat) their devices, rather than poor design or lousy manufacturing? YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech