Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bad luck with S3s!!!

Are all S3s possessed or what?? My Verizon S3 is just dead. It will not do anything, as if no battery is installed.

My ATT S3 will boot up but there is absolutely no response to touch on the screen. The volume buttons, home button and power button work, as do the back and menu buttons. However there is absolutely no response to screen touch.

Not sure why I have been plagued with crappy S3s, but I have.

And yep, tried factory resetting and all that....just both phones are paper weights (or parts donors) now.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Bad luck with S3s!!!

Are you using the same SD card in all of these phones? If the card is corrupt, that could be causing the same problem in all phones. Try removing the SD card, if present.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nope. One Verizon one ATT...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does it occur when you boot into Safe Mode? This could narrow the problem down to something that you installed vs an intrinsic hardware or firmware problem. Restart the Device in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® III

You could try taking the complete screen assembly from the Verizon phone and putting it on the AT&T phone - you'd at least end up with one working phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Does it occur when you boot into Safe Mode? This could narrow the problem down to something that you installed vs an intrinsic hardware or firmware problem. Restart the Device in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® III
    I'll give that a try on the ATT version tomorrow. As for the Verizon version, it is dead. Even with fully charged battery, it shows zero signs of life....as if the battery is not even there. Plugging it in does nothing as well.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    You could try taking the complete screen assembly from the Verizon phone and putting it on the AT&T phone - you'd at least end up with one working phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    That is an idea! If I bugger it up, no loss! ;-)