- 2 Posts
Strange problem with S3 not turning on
Hello, guys, I have a problem, my "new" S3 won't turn on.
Brother gave it to me, cause he didn't need it, the problem is that it doesn't turn on.
I don't have info on it's version, I literally just go the phone and nothing else with it.
So what happens is that when I plug it in it shows the charging indicator, the blank one, not the green one, and nothing moves. It doesn't move at all.
I tried download mode, and it goes into the screen where it warns me and suggests pressing volume up to continue, yet again i press it and nothing happens, it is completely stuck.
Tried recovery mode too, stuck on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300.
When I try to turn it off with the power button, it turns off for a few second, then comes back to the same screen.
What can I do in my power to fix this? Thanks in advance. The screen is cracked a little bit if that changes anything
- 08-18-2014, 02:26 PM #2
- 08-18-2014, 08:10 PM #4
- 6,973 Posts
Re: Strange problem with S3 not turning on
If you take the battery out and reinsert it, does the phone turn itself on (without you pressing the Power button)?
If you can get it to boot into Recovery mode you should clear the system cache and perform a Factory Reset. If things don't improve then it's time to boot into Download mode and use Odin to reload the stock firmware.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-29-2015, 03:29 AM
- By gwhizkids in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2014, 04:28 PM
- By gargavf in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2014, 04:24 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2014, 04:19 PM
- By thatkid96 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2014, 04:15 PM