Can't install Google Apps after upgrading to CM11

popcynical

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
\I recently upgraded from CM 10.2 to 11. It had been a while since I installed CM, so I had to do a bit of refreshing, but I ended up using ClockworkMod to install the new version.

So then I try and install Google Apps. I choose to install zip from /sdcard/ but get an error message that /sdcard/ can't be mounted. No worries, I put the file on my external SD card, try to install from that, and after unpacking the zip file, it fails with the error "(bad)"...

I used the version 20140606 from the wiki page.

I figured, maybe I'm supposed to use the "small" version so I download 20140105 and put in on my external sdcard.. and when I go to install from my external sdcard the file doesn't show up. In fact, when I reboot my phone, it's been deleted. I tried copying from terminal, plugging into USB and copying from my PC.. but every time I go to install the small google apps version the zip file gets deleted. I can create new folders on the external and they will be read but not the zip.

CM11 seems to be working fine except I'm missing my favorite apps because Google play isn't working. I'm a bit afraid to proceed as I don't want to brick my phone. Help would be awesome.

popcynical

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the SG3, i9300 model if it helps.

When trying to use the "wipe data/factory reset" option, I get the following errors:

Error mounting /data!
Skipping format
Error mounting /sdcard.android_secure!
Skipping format

There's other lines but those are the errors...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419