Tmobile Samsung Galaxy BLACK SCREEN

Serenalese

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone a few months back, and it has a few cracks here and there across the screen. The worse is around the home button. Wednesday night, while lying on the couch, I rolled over on my phone. The phone was face down and in its case so I didn't think it was going to be a big deal. I was on my phone that night with no issues, and was using it for a few hours Thursday morning before heading out. While I was out it was fine for awhile. At one point when I went to wake it up to search for an address the screen was black. I tried taking the battery out, cooling the battery and the phone because it was really hot, restarting the phone, and just leaving it alone, all to no avail. Finally, my friend suggest I charge it. Once at about 76% it was fine, but there was a vertical black line the full length of the screen sort of resembling a scroll bar. Once off the charger the phone would go back to the black screen. Eventually even leaving it on the car charger or my portable charger no longer helped. I left the phone alone for awhile, and could actually answer a call by just guessing where to swipe on the screen. Eventually the screen came to, but still with the black bar, and a few more thin black lines (so I assume I am losing the pixels as well). Though afraid, I decided to let the phone die to charge fully hoping that would help. The screen came on, but every time I would wake it up, the pixels are still gone, the black bar (which I also assume is a huge chunk of lost pixels) is still there, and there is always a bright flash, then it is dim, and finally brightens fully. The screen was on, with those issues, all through yesterday, and up to about a couple hours ago. Now the screen is back to black. I also just noticed today the the broken screen around the home key has slightly caved in, and a few times while observing it, I held the screen down where it is cracked and the screen quickly flashed on and off (maybe 4 times). I have no password on my phone, so I can get from the home screen, and was able to find my music player and get that going. It's very faint, but if the lights around aren't too bright I can see the scroll down menu bar at the top of the screen (but can't make out any words), the lost pixels, and the outline of my weather widget. So the LEDs work, the sound works, I was even able to guess where the voulme button was on the drop down menu to turn that on, I get notifications, I can faintly see the droid symbol on boot . . . Basically, the phone is fully functional, only the Screen is Black. Is this a lost cause, or is repair possible? If you've made it this far, Thank you for taking the time out to read my post. I wanted to give as much detail as possible so we may get to the point quickly and more efficiently. Besides that , I'm just a talker period . . . lol :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you want to get it fixed, I would suggest bringing it to a professional. Ask for prices, and compare that against either a new phone or your insurance deductible if you have it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463