old cell phone - sell?

MrsDowFire

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded to the s5. My s3 is in perfect condition. Should i sell on Craigslist and at what price? Would there be any reasons to keep it?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you don't need it anymore, just sell it. I usually sell my old devices to help with 'financing' the new one hehe. As to what price, it's up to the market. Just browse for ads selling the same model IN YOUR CITY and get your price range there (even if in pristine condition, if you sell this for 50 bucks more than what others are offering in the same area, chances are it'll never sell).

You could also try to sell it to repair shops as they could use the parts.

Oh, and very important. Check what the price is for a NEW phone for this model. The same as the old example applies; if you sell this used unit for 25 bucks less than what could get you a new one, chances are people are going to go for the new phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'd say it depends on what you can get for it. an S3 probably isn't worth much any more, and you might want to keep it as a backup device, in case your new phone gets broken, lost, or for some other reason doesn't work.

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Check ebay. It's a global market and the prices of eBay are usually cheaper than what people in your area are selling for. About $120 on ebay(not including shipping). About $175-$200 (asking price) in my area. I would say sell. Price for that device is only going to go down. But, I would keep the $ to go towards a back up device unless you already have one.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

MrsDowFire

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I know this thread is old but I wanted to update that I did indeed sell my Galaxy S3. Met the person at Verizon and they bought it for $175.

I paid $99 for the S5 and sold my S3 for $175.....pretty good.

I'm thinking that maybe the person that bought it didn't have insurance and needed to outright buy a phone to finish their contract? Who knows but I was happy.

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
You got a good amount for your old s3. Now you have some spare cash for some accessories for your new phone, good deal.

Me 2 you via Lg0gPro