Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Reila
  • 1 Post By Reila
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kakaotalk notifications

Hello! I hope this is okay to ask here..
    I got a Galaxy S3 on Saturday, and so far I like it, but I have a problem with my Kakaotalk (it's been mentioned a few times here). I'm having issues with not getting any notifications when I get messages from my friends. I'm supposed to have both a sound, vibration and a popup on new messages (as well as the LED blinking when screen's off), and I don't get any of these on new messages, except when I get a message when I log into Kakaotalk on a computer. Then it all works. Which is pretty useless, I'd like to know when my friends message me. The only way I know is by the small icon in the status bar.

Any idea what this could be? I've tried reinstalling the app, and deleting the chat log (as per Internet tip).
    (I also mailed Kakaotalk's support but I haven't heard anything back)

Default Re: Kakaotalk notifications

Welcome to Android Central! You've probably already looked, but in the Kakaotalk app's settings, is there somewhere you can select or modify the notification tone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yep! I've tried turning all the options off and back on, adjust the volume, the tone, as well as changing individual settings for each person (I've had three friends message me and there's no notifications for either)

And thanks for the welcome!

Go the App Manager, select Kakaotalk, and Clear Cache. Also make sure "Show Notifications" is checked on. Then Force Stop it, and try opening it again.

A more generic thing to try is to boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hm, neither worked :/ I even accidentally deleted data in the app manager first too (but it seems like the home screen icon shows unread message numbers now, so there's that!)

Your best bet may be to continue bugging the Kakaotalk support people. Do they have a support forum as well, where people can post their issues?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Seems like they don't. Just gotta be patient and wait then, I guess. Just poked them on Twitter as well :P

Thanks for trying to help me though! Much appreciated!
    B. Diddy likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Just figured I'd post it here! Not much of a fix, per se, but I did find out the cause. Apparently my phone won't notify me when I'm logged onto the computer as well.
    As simple as that, really. I didn't consider this since my old phone would notify me anyway!
    Thanked by:
    GSDer likes this.

Good to know, and thanks for telling us! This may be helpful for others who encounter the same problem.