Straight Talk ATT S3 MMS issue resolved...for me at least!!

KCandroidite

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been dealing with ST for over a month trying to get my MMS to work on my S3. My S3 does everything I need it to and it is paid for. I was about a week away from going to TMO after 3 plus years of good service on ST. I got the same old run around from all the "tech" support clowns....after an hour or so I was advised to call Samsung because it is my phone. Honestly, after the way I yelled at some of these "techs" I am glad they cannot speak English!!! I am convinced ST must pay a lot to the carriers for MMS as they HAVE TO KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!! If I can figure it out, they know!! First of all, if you do not have the ATT LTE SIM card, go get it!! The LTE sim card will make your phone smoking fast!!! If your MMS is still not working as mine was not, do not despair my friends!! I was truly about to spend $600 for a new S5 (and I still want to if someone can tell me where I can get the 32 gig model please?) but had read that the MMS problem could be cured with a new ATT sim card, but cancel your current account with ST and start a new one with the new card. I, however, just moved my service over to the new card as I didn't want to risk the porting of my number. Still no MMS but amazing fast internet. I started playing with the APN settings and just happened to compare the original ATT setting to those provided by ST. ST is intentionally (IMHO) not telling their clients the correct APN settings!! I used what they provided but added in the correct APN type settings (this is what ST is not telling people to do). Here are the settings that are working for me today and the MMS messages are flying out:

Name: st
APN: tfdata
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
Multimedia message proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
Multimedia message port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN Type: default,hipri,mms,supl,fota (I seriously believe this is all you need to change to make it work with the old SIM)
Keep the rest the same and good luck! And don't waste your time with the ST forum, they run you through a bunch of crap and then send a generic "Your screwed call us and waste some of your time" message...