Warning, don't compare your S3 to your friends iPhone 6

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the S3, and is very happy with it, outside of having shattered the screen three times (all replaced by SquareTrade, thanks for talking me in to it, Costco guy).

We met friends for dinner at Palios last night, and my wife's friend pulls out her new iPhone 6 to show it off. She was very proud of it.

So my wife is checking it out, then she picks up her S3 to compare the size, and says, "it's just like my Samsung". She didn't mean anything by it, but Laura wasn't pleased. "It's nothing like your phone."

Being the curious type, I just looked at a comparison grid for the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 6, and I was amazed that the two+ year-old Galaxy S3 (two+ years is an eternity in consumer electronics) is very similar spec-wise to the new iPhone. The overall dimensions are similar, the screen size is similar, the screen resolution and dpi are similar (slight edge to Apple, but my eyes can't tell the difference), battery life is similar, camera resolution is similar, and the RAM qty is similar. I couldn't find the iPhone SDCard slot ;)

I love Apple products, but I don't think anyone could deny that they've lost their edge.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They have in my opinion, but obviously millions of other iConsumers don't care about that. Apple has done a very good job with keeping their ecosystem nice and tight, and as such, can optimize their software to their hardware, so what works wonders for THEM, probably wouldn't cut it for US. But you have to admit, the things that do work on iOS, work smoothly and it's great for non-tech savvy people that are first picking up a phone. Android does have a steeper learning curve due to all the custom options it has. But yeah, compare an iPhone 6 to whatever is out there and you'll come up with two-year-old models all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith