S3 Rooting

Aziel Oropeza

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
So i've been planning to root my device for quite some time but never did because I had some questions that never got an answer. (BTW this the VM S3 which I think is the Sprint Model since they have the same model numbers)
1. If I root my phone, will I lose all my apps and data I put into it?
2. Will it slow my device down throughout usage?
3. If there a chance that I could risk making my phone into a paperweight? (As in it wont turn on at all?)
4. Is it even worth it?
5. Will I still be able to download apps even if there not for rooted phones (such as CSR Racing, Twitter, etc.)
And 6. Can I revert it anytime I want?
I just want to clarify this just to insure that im making the right choice here.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I never rooted before, but ran towelroot with no ill affects. A couple apps don't like it. You can always reverse it.
Worth it? Eh. It's up to you.

AC App on SGS3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
1. If I root my phone, will I lose all my apps and data I put into it?
That depends on the root method that you use; unless you point us to a specific method in question there's no way we can answer that. The root method post will usually address that point.
2. Will it slow my device down throughout usage?
No.
3. If there a chance that I could risk making my phone into a paperweight? (As in it wont turn on at all?)
There's always a chance that fiddling with the bootloader or Recovery software or firmware will end up badly, but it's not common (unless you don't follow directions).
4. Is it even worth it?
We can't answer that for you. Why are you interested in rooting your device? What can't you do now that you're hoping rooting will allow you to do?
5. Will I still be able to download apps even if there not for rooted phones (such as CSR Racing, Twitter, etc.)
Yes.
6. Can I revert it anytime I want?
That depends on the root method you followed; in some cases it's best to just reload the stock firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Aziel Oropeza

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I just want to delete some built in apps like Google Wallet and such and i also want to underclock it a little for battery life. im not really interested in installing custom ROMs, since the biggest thing i would do to it is just underclock it

Last edited: