Samsung Galaxy S3 saying I have a text when I don't during calls

IWallis

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello there everyone, sorry to ask this but it has been very irritating and I haven't been able to find anything on-line about this issue, as the title says when I'm making a phone call or have received one, during the call I get the notification and message received sound and when I go to check there is no message of any kind nor email or anything of that type, I would really appreciate some help with this as it it quite deafening when my phone suddenly rings in my ear, any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks given.

I a on the 3 mobile network (UK) and I was previously registered with O2 (again UK) and i have had the same problem with both networks.
thanks in advance,IWallis.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
when I'm making a phone call or have received one, during the call I get the notification and message received sound
I would imagine that there are other things that could use the same notification tone - have you tried booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 to see if a 3rd party application is causing your issue?

Are you using the stock Messaging app? If so, you could assign a custom ringtone to that (not the same one you're currently using) to see if it's indeed that application that's causing your strange notification behavior.

Have you checked the Phone (aka Dialer) application to see if there are any events set that may be using that same tone (ex. a call timer that goes off after five minutes)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie