Is this normal battery life?

Arnob Mir

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Thought I would get CM11 because my S3 would constantly suffer from a battery drain bug, going from like %50 to %15 within half an hour.
After I got CM11, I didn't get the bug often (just happened once I believe) but what I did notice is that my battery was draining a lot faster then normal, and it couldn't have been a bug because after a reboot it would still discharge at the same rate.

Maybe it's just me, but does this look like a normal discharge rate? This was with very minimal use and its been about 12 - 14hours since it was at 100%

UxsRlu5.png
GBn9YBt.png
exZiirg.png

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

The only thing that was notable was that something held the phone awake for about an hour-and-a-half out of the nine hours. And the screen was on for about an hour. The first screenshot (battery life vs. Temperature) wasn't much help, and you didn't include the Phone Radio Detail, which might shed some light on your cellular signal quality.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Youch! Over 50% of the time your cellular signal is poor/marginal - that's going to chew up power like nobody's business.
It's strange that App usage accounts for 80% of the battery when the screen was only on for 12 minutes - sounds like a runaway process was preventing the phone from entering deep sleep.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For the marginal cellular signal, if that was happening just at home you could get a Network Extender (may be known by different names on different carriers).

For app-related issues you have to narrow down the field. Factory Reset and then only reinstall a limited subset of your apps until you're sure that none of them are the problem. Then install a few more. Repeat as necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol