Is my Samsung GT i9300 unfixable ?

TAO TAO

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I get a white screen with grey horizontal lines when i boot my phone. Tried almost every idea that i read online. Even tried hitting the power button on the table a few times (not to hard) and nothing works.
The only thing that seems to be working (partially anyway) is home+power+volumedown but then it says : "Downloading... Do not turn off target"
I left it for about 30 minutes and then it just turns off. I would like to know if i can fix it myself or if it is worthed to go to a repair center...
Thank you !

In the past i read a few topics on androidcentral so i decided to join because it looks like there are a lot of users with good knowledge that might be able to answer my question / solve my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The behavior that you describe for Download mode is exactly what it should do - it'll stay in Download mode until you either download firmware to it, reboot it or until the battery dies.

If the screen looks normal in Download mode then there's probably not a hardware problem. Hopefully if you install the correct firmware that'll take care of your weird screen issues.

What model/carrier/firmware?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

TAO TAO

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
galaxy s3 / o2 ireland / jellybean i think, not sure. i heard that the mother board could be gone :(
Thank you for the reply !

TAO TAO

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything ... nothing worked so i went to a repair center. They told me that the mother board is gone and it costs 110 euro to get it replaced :(
Thank you very much for your answer GSDer !!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone still boot into Download mode correctly (you may need to charge it first)? If so, you could try reloading the firmware.

With the phone completely off, if you connect the charger do you see the battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63