Why can't I delete my messages?

ihatethiskid

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
So my Galaxy S3 has been running slow, overheating and shutting down, etc. I have the Clean Master cleaning app that clears all my cache, RAM and cools it down but the problems are reoccurring. I have an excessive about of text messages so I thought this could be the source of the problem. I normally use SMS Go Pro messaging and when I selected multiple threads to delete, it just said (DELETING 0/191) with a percent bar but never deleted any threads and then the app failed. So I tried to do it from my default messaging app and that won't even open (Messaging Isn't Responding. Would you like to close it?) I got it to respond once and tried to delete a single thread but the app keeps closing. I tried to delete just one thread with Go Pro also and it also said (Go Pro Isn't Responding, etc.). Does anyone have any ideas of whats going on?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try going into settings>storage and clear the cache. See if that opens up enough memory to allow the system to let you delete some texts.

Sent from an AOSP M8

ihatethiskid

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I tried this and it said there were security policies preventing me from clearing all my cache (2.10 MB). Then my phone frozen and rebooted. I have 3.61 GB of free space, I've been trying to figure this out for the past two hours. I'm running out of ideas.

ihatethiskid

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I tried this and it said there were security policies preventing me from clearing all my cache (2.10 MB). Then my phone frozen and rebooted. I have 3.61 GB of free space, I've been trying to figure this out for the past two hours. I'm running out of ideas.