Should I get the Galaxy S3? (Virgin Mobile)

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So I've been looking to upgrade from my current phone, the ZTE Awe, and I've been thinking of either getting the LG Volt, the Kyocera Hydro Vibe, or the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Here's a comparison of all three phones. HOWEVER, the Galaxy S3 has different specs listed on the Virgin Mobile site. On VM it has a 1.5 GHz processor and 2 GB RAM (the phonearena site lists 1.4 GHz with 1 GB RAM).

Now, hands down the Galaxy S3 is the best out of the three, but I'm a poor college student so, as much as I'd like the SIII, I need to have a really good reason to spend that kind of money. Also, out of these three phones, each one is a step up from the other.

Price:
  • Kyocera Hydro Vibe: $100. 4.5 inches
  • LG Volt: $145. 4.7 inches.
  • Galaxy S3: $200 (but there are better deals on eBay). 4.8 inches.

LG Volt has 1GB RAM, Hydro Vibe is 1.5GB RAM and SIII is 2GB. The SIII also has 16GB storage while the other two only have 8GB. The Hydro has the wost battery and the Galaxy has the best. AAAAND, I think the SIII is actually going to get Android Lollipop, which is a HUGE plus! As for TouchWiz, I plan on rooting whatever phone I get so that doesn't matter. I just need to know, how much should these spec differences matter, especially when I'm on a budget? I reeeaaally want the SIII but the Hydro Vibe is only $100 and the specs really aren't bad, although the 4.5" screen may be just a teeeensy bit small.

On my current phone, the ZTE AWE, I've been using Google Now more and more, especially to set reminders. I also use my phone to check emails, browse the web, use apps and stuff, text (obviously) and read books when I don't have my Nexus 7 with me. The 4" screen of my current phone is a little too small for that, which is why 4.5" is the smallest I would go for a new phone.

SO, CAN ANYONE HELP? Is it worth the extra cost to go for the Galaxy S3, or should I be fine settling for the LG Volt or Hydro Vibe? What is it like to own the Galaxy S3? It's came out in 2012. Would you say it's still a good phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38