Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S3 turn On/Charge?

Desirayy

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 Won't Turn On/Charge

Tonight I was hanging out with a few friends and my phone died at 7% in the middle of texting someone. I didn't mind too much because it was on for some time. I tried turning it back on thinking it might have crashed for some reason. Though it didn't power on fully, it did vibrate letting me know that it tried to. (A small one).
I went back to my friend's and tried using their charger mean for Samsungs and it didn't charge. I tried taking off my Lifeproof case for it and for a brief moment the charging screen flickered on and off, but still no charge. I thought it was probably just my friend's charger, so I went back to my place and tried using the charger I normally use. Nothing. I took off the case again and nothing happened still. I took out the battery to see if there was any damage to the battery. Nothing.
I was trying to think if anything "traumatic" happened to the phone recently. It took a tumble in the shower, but it was in the sealed Lifeproof case so I didn't worry too much. Later on in class the case was holding down the power button but it was only for a few seconds then it went back to normal.
I then tried to take out the battery and held down the power key. I put the battery back in, it vibrated, but nothing after that. I plugged it in to the charger again and it's not taking the charge and I'm getting pretty upset.
I'm pretty stumped and feeling a little desperate because that is a main way I communicate with friends, and family considering I'm in college. I'm nowhere near a Best Buy or any technical repair shop and have no way to get to a place like that. PLEASE HELP.

UPDATE:
I tried powering it on one more time and it did with 34%. I'm wondering if there was just too much electricity stored in electronic components inside the phone and I let it kind of discharge from that. Right now it's working just fine. Weird.

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Won't Turn On/Charge

You should let the phone charge for while like an hour or two and check whether phone turns hot or not.If it does then the battery is damaged.And if you have access to another working battery try it just to make sure phone isn't damaged.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc