Why is my Samsung Galaxy S3 video player only playing a thumbprint size?

Lisa Heckel

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 video player only playing thumbprint size

All of a sudden my video player will only play videos the size of a thumbprint. It just changed, and I can't get it to go back to full size. Even when I change the landscape to view horizontally, it's small. Help! You tube videos are full screen, but my own personal videos and ones I download or ones that are sent to me are so small. Please help! Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 video player only playing thumbprint size

All of a sudden my video player will only play videos the size of a thumbprint. It just changed, and I can't get it to go back to full size. Even when I change the landscape to view horizontally, it's small. Help! You tube videos are full screen, but my own personal videos and ones I download or ones that are sent to me are so small. Please help! Thanks!
I was going to suggest a cache clear for the video player, but I am not sure if the Gallery may be at fault too. Try going to settings>storage. Click on the cache partition. You should get a prompt to clear the cache of all your apps. Click yes/OK. See if that helps.

Sent from an AOSP M8

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

I haven't experienced this, but I've had many weird things with video on the Galaxy S3. Downloading MX Player and making it the default player solved most of the problems.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Try going to settings>storage. Click on the cache partition. You should get a prompt to clear the cache of all your apps. Click yes/OK.
I never knew you could do that! Thanks man.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I never knew you could do that! Thanks man.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

No sweat.
I think that was added on 4.2. I am not completely sure it clears the system cache though.

Sent from an AOSP M8