Purchasing S3 To Replace Current Phone

adammg

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm needing to purchase a new phone to replace my current one, which is now out of warranty and still under contract. I have a couple questions

1. It will be for AT&T so I am needing to buy the 747 model I assume?

2. Does the AT&T model have multi window functionality?

3. Wheres the most reputable and inexpensive place to buy a new one? eBay has always been a crap shoot buying new and receiving refurbished. Best Buy so far is the cheapest I found at 299

Thank you,
Adam

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
May as well spend much less money and buy a Moto G. The only huge difference is the camera between the S3 and the mentioned Moto.

Posted via the Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Agreed that it would be silly to spend that kind of money on an S3 - if you could find the older Moto X, or Moto G with LTE (the new Moto G doesn't support LTE) that would be a much better investment.

It sounds like you're not eligible for an upgrade on your current contract?

adammg

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
May as well spend much less money and buy a Moto G. The only huge difference is the camera between the S3 and the mentioned Moto.

Posted via the Android Central App

I thought about the Moto G w/ LTE, but the camera and bigger screen of the S3 is making me lean towards it. If only the 2014 Moto G had LTE.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Motorola/Lenovo will probably release a version of the new Moto G with LTE at some point, like they did with the older Moto G, but that doesn't do you any good now. Perhaps you can still find the older model through Amazon or some other reputable source? (If Motorola still had the older Moto X available on their website I'd pick one up; the newer model is at a price point that I can't justify.)

adammg

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Motorola/Lenovo will probably release a version of the new Moto G with LTE at some point, like they did with the older Moto G, but that doesn't do you any good now. Perhaps you can still find the older model through Amazon or some other reputable source? (If Motorola still had the older Moto X available on their website I'd pick one up; the newer model is at a price point that I can't justify.)

Thanks GSDer, Yeah unfortunately stuck in contract for a couple more months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad