Can anyone help fix/unroot my phone please?

Becky_x

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on contract with t-mobile which runs out in January. I decided to try and root the phone so I could keep it when the contract runs out. I admit I didn't really know what I was doing, I was following a step by step guide but it didn't really work out.

I restored the phone to factory settings but SuperSU still appears on it and the device status will say 'official' for a while but then return to 'custom'.

How can I get rid of that, make the status say 'official' all the time and have it returned to absolute factory settings? Please help! :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try using the Kies software (probably Kies v3) to reload the stock firmware.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to use a tool called Odin to manually load the firmware. (If it comes to this just let us know.)

General instructions on using Kies:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Becky_x

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for replying

I downloaded Kies3, put my phone into download mode, connected it up, put in the device name and SN but a box popped up saying 'firmware upgrade and initialization'... 'follow the steps for emergency recovery'... and I have to select that I've read everything and agree. The 'start upgrade' box does not become clickable.

I thought maybe I had got the wrong kies so downloaded the regular one but the same thing happens o_O

EDIT: I kept trying and it eventually let me proceed. The upgrade got to 70% and now it's back to 0%

And it's totally filled up my SSD :mad:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood