Why won't my phone stay connected to the open wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah LeViness

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
My neighbor has an open wifi connection. I have been using it for a while now. A week ago it disconnected from it. So I went to go reconnect. It will connect and then a few seconds later, it disconnects. I have been trying to get it to stay connected for a week now to no avail. But my PlayStation is still connected to it because I can still watch Netflix on my PlayStation.

I can't reset the router because I don't know who it belongs to. I have restarted my phone. I have turned the wifi off for a long period and back on. I have also tried something my friend told me... turn wifi off, turn airplane mode on, turn wifi on again, then turn airplane mode off again.

On Thanksgiving, upon going to my mother in laws, it automatically connected to her wifi as I stepped on the side deck. She has a password. But this tells me my phones wifi is still working. I don't know what to do and I am now out of high speed data.

Can anyone help?

Sarah LeViness

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I would love to pay for my own internet again but I'm homeless. I lost my job of 4 years and lost my home. It is actually my uncle's neighbor. I use it for my kids when I'm staying with him. I'm sorry you feel that I'm a leech but I'm doing it for my kids.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Sarah,
While I can understand your unfortunate circumstances, there really won't be much assistance we will be able to offer in stealing another person's internet access - something Mobile Nations doesn't allow discussions on. Fortunately, kids have survived for centuries before Netflix or the interwebs came along, so I'm sure another solution for their time will be found. Best of luck with the future! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams