Why has my friends rooted Boost Mobile S3's Google Apps quick connecting to the internet?

Ryan Boulding

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Rooted Boost Mobile S3's Google Apps quick connecting to the internet...

I rooted a friend's Boost Mobile S3. About a week later his Google Apps quit connecting to the internet. It won't connect to the Play store or gmail or any of the Google Apps. It was stock firmware no special flashed roms. I tried factory resetting with no luck. I rerooted it and nothing happens still. Does anyone know where I can get the stock 4.4.2 so I can flash it back and see if I can get the Google apps to connect again? Any help would be appreciated. I just want to get it back to factory settings to try and fix this issue. Thank you in advance for everything!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rooted Boost Mobile S3's Google Apps quick connecting to the internet...

It's an L710. SamMobile Firmwares has stock ROMs for it. Use Odin to install the ND8 ROM.

(BTW, whether the phone is rooted or not has nothing to do with whether the phone will connect to Google, since none of the Google apps need root - so they wouldn't know that the phone is rooted. The methosd you used to root the phone could have caused some problem, though. Use Towel Root. Since the ROM is dated May 2014, and the patch that stops Towel Root from working was implemented on June 3, 2014, it should still work on that ROM.)