Can someone give me the APN settings for 4G and MMS for a Galaxy S3?

ManderPants

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Please help: T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - Need APN settings for 4G and MMS

I've spent the past few days in the depths of Google and forums trying to get my phone to work again. I posted my issue on the ST forums, but I feel you guys will help more. ST live chat did not help the issue.

I have had this T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with the t-mobile Straight Talk sim card for over a year now with little issues. This past week MMS stopped working (could not receive pics) for a few days so I looked up APN settings and switched them with no luck, but now the settings don't even let my phone connect to 4G or any Internet besides Wi-Fi.

I have tried dozens of APNs I swear, even though everything was fine a week ago, the ones on Straight Talk's site don't even show a 4G symbol for me now.

I cannot change the MNC, it has to be 260. If this one field changes the entire APN settings delete itself even if saved. (This is a problem I see everywhere with no answer, but some APN t-mobile settings keep the 260 field so that's one I would need)

I tried installing the Textra texting app but I can't get good MMS settings for that either, it seems.

Thank you anyone who helps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help: T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - Need APN settings for 4G and MMS

1) The MNC is the mobile network operator code - Straight Talk in your case, so if you're using a Straight Talk SIM and a different network operator, the APN is useless.

2) The APN, unless Straight Talk has made changes, should be the one you got with the SIM card. IOW, the one you had when the problem started. Put that one back and see if MMS starts working again. If not, go to Straight Talk's Facebook page (yes, Facebook is actually good for something) and post a request for help, noting that you're using the original APN and that you can't receive pictures in MMS. (Also note whether you can or can't send pictures.) Also note exactly what you mean by "can't receive" - you don't see them in the messaging app at all? You see a little box with a red X for the picture? (The two are totally different problems, with two totally different causes.)

It seems that Straight Talk puts its best techs on Facebook, not on the phone.

ManderPants

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please help: T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - Need APN settings for 4G and MMS

Thanks for the reply. I'm kicking myself for not screenshotting them beforehand, but unfortunately the settings I had before were deleted after trying to change things (Happened when I tried to chance the MNC and it deleted everything) So instead of not having MMS working, I can't even get 4G now either.

The APN settings ST gives for my phone it won't even show a 4G symbol, funny thing is when I use AT&T ones a 4G symbol shows but internet still does not work.

By not receiving photos, it meant I got a text with a message/button to Download and they never would.

I will give their Facebook a try, but I'd still appreciate any APN settings from anyone with t-mobile phone on Straight Talk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome