GT-I9305 won't detect sim card after Lcd ha been changed

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

A friend of mine book his lcd digitalizer on his S3. His son bought a aftermarket lcd and changed it for him.

After that the phone says insert sim card, by that I mean there is a forbidden sign over the signal bars. His son tried to change the whole sim/mmc reader, but still no luck.

Now he has asked me to take a look at it.
And of course, first thing I do is start Googling for answers. Haven't found any hardware related problems yet.

And I haven't gotten around to open the phone yet. But my friend said that all cables is connected and looks fine.

So before I start, I would just see if any of you have any good tips for me.

Just for the record, I've opened a lot of phones before, so it's not my first repair.

Thanks!

Regards
Fredrik

Edit:
It turned out that the screen was the problem, as the I9300 and I9305 are a bit different.
Im guessing the board came in contact with metal and shorted the sim in some way. Because i put som plastic between just to test, and it worked fine.
The owner didnt want to buy another screen, so put some paper between the motherboard and the screen and put it together. Hehe. Owner was very happy. :p

Last edited:

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
We'll, I should have just opened it.

The antenna cable wasn't connected, and I later found out that the screen/complete midframe with lcd is for i9300, and this is the i9305.

Couldbt see any of obvious difference, but the main board at the bottom didn't fit well, and kind of was rocking on something. Managed to get contact with the sim once by undo all screws and let the board loose. But only once.

So I guess the midframe is the problem, as it prevent the board to be mounted flush.

Mmc worked fine though. :)

Fredrik

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie