Can I get some help with a few problems I am having with Odin (Root S3 LTE)?

Teapls

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Root S3 LTE - having problems with Odin

I initially tried to follow the guide on the Cyanogen website but had no success with that.

I'm currently on a Windows 8 computer and trying to root a i9305 Samsung S3

This guide is what I've been following :

trueandroid.com/root-i9305xxueml5-galaxy-s3-i9305-lte-android-4-3-jelly-bean-firmware/

I can't get Odin to pick the phone up though. I've tried connecting it to each port, as well as making sure that I turn the phone on into download mode then connect it.

Developer settings are activated on the phone and USB debugging is turned on.

I haven' performed a factory reset on the phone.

I have seen this thread :

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/282851-phone-not-being-recognised-download-mode-odin.html

But can't seem to get it working, given that thread is a couple of years old I thought a new one might be alright for this. Also I'm not very experienced, so perhaps there are things that I've missed even though they're present.

Any help is really appreciated! Spent a few hours on this now.

Cheers

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Root S3 LTE - having problems with Odin

If you're on 4.3, try using Kingo to root it. If you're not on 4.3, using a 4.3 root method probably won't work. (You root the ROM, not the phone, and every time someone comes up with a hole to use to root a ROM, Google comes up with a patch to not let that method work in the next update.)

Teapls

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Root S3 LTE - having problems with Odin

If you're on 4.3, try using Kingo[/URL] to root it. If you're not on 4.3, using a 4.3 root method probably won't work. (You root the ROM, not the phone, and every time someone comes up with a hole to use to root a ROM, Google comes up with a patch to not let that method work in the next update.)

thanks Ruk - I'll have a look at that this evening! Didn't get any joy from Odin

And yes - I'm using 4.3

cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95