How do I transfer phone ext memory content to pc?

A

AC Question

transfer phone ext memory content to pc?

Im upgrading external memory on my Samsung S3. Trying to figure out how I can get content of old memory card over onto upgraded larger card? I have cell phone hooked-up to PC but I have no idea how to transfer content?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: transfer phone ext memory content to pc?

The best way is with a card reader. (The best card reader is the Anker - you can put both cards into it at once and do a USB 3.0 transfer from one card to another. I'll be doing that on Tuesday when my new card arrives. I already have the card reader. [Two days with normal shipping.].)

If you don't want to go that way, create a new folder on your desktop. (You don't even have to name it - New Folder is fine.) Open that folder. Open the Card folder on the phone. Type ctrl-A (select all). Drag the stuff from the Card folder to the new folder. Go out for a long formal dinner in the interior of Papua New Guinea. (Swim there, flying is too fast.) When you get back all the files should be on the computer. Unplug the phone. Turn it off. Take the SD card out. Put the new SD card in. Turn the phone on. Plug the phone into the computer. Open Card on the phone. Go to New Folder and type ctrl-A. Drag the stuff from there to Card. Go to Papua New Guinea again. When you get back the files should all be on the new card. (IOW, it's probably going to take an hour or so to do each transfer.)

If you have apps moved to the card, move them back to the phone before starting this, then move them to the new card. They won't transfer, and you'll be left with "app not installed" if you don't.

Once you're sure everything transferred okay, you can just delete New Folder and everything in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy