Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S3 turn on but a red light quickly turns on?

IAmTheBigDeal

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on and red light quickly turns on.

Hello! A Samsung Galaxy S3 no longer turns on. When the device is plugged in, a red light (not blinking) will turn on and for about 5 seconds. The device does not respond to any buttons being pressed. I have already tried to start it in Recovery Mode. I do not know if it has been dropped recently or if there is any water damage... I was given this phone for free. Right before the device stopped working the camera light would randomly turn on and off. I do not care about completely fixing the device I just need to get some photos off of it. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on and red light quickly turns on.

If it's water damaged, having plugged the charger in finished it off, so you have nothing to lose by plugging it in and leaving it plugged in for 24 hours. Then see if it turns on with the charger still plugged in. If not, find a local independent repair shop and ask if the owner wants an S3 for parts. (Then if you need a favor in the future, he'll remember you and help you.) Or sell it on eBay as not working-parts only. You could probably get $25-$50 for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech