Why doesn't the wifi on/off button work on my At&t Galaxy S3, 4.4.2.?

A

AC Question

At&t Galaxy s3, 4.4.2. WiFi Off/On doesn't Work. Plz Help. Plzzz! lol

Just bought the Galaxy s3 from someone, im running 4.4.2, ive searched for 24hours straight, ive tried flashing (4.1.2.-4.1.1) with odin, i dont have service so i cant use mobile odin, ive done the (#*0011# or whatever) Ive cleared cache, delvic, factory reset probably a hundred times.. checked out the kies realised its useless in this area, I even tried using the cyanogenmod installer on pc an got the app, went through the process.. it looked like it was working then i seen the green android with a caution sign so im taking that as its having a problem.
i also read that i basically cant downgrade since the o.s. is at 4.2.2, which the only thing im really worried about is the wifi. like period.
someone who has felt this pain and lack of sleep lol for the love of who ever you praise HELP ME!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: At&t Galaxy s3, 4.4.2. WiFi Off/On doesn't Work. Plz Help. Plzzz! lol

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that the wi-fi switch is greyed out, or that the switch turns on briefly, only to turn off on its own again? The only thing you haven't tried is opening the phone up to check for loose connections.

imnoevil

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

almost, it really doesnt even stick to the on side at all, i can slide it but instantly goes back...

imnoevil

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

so your asking if i unscrewed all the screws and actually got into the phone where the mother bored is? if so then thats actually something i havent tried..

imnoevil

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that the wi-fi switch is greyed out, or that the switch turns on briefly, only to turn off on its own again? The only thing you haven't tried is opening the phone up to check for loose connections.

bro yu there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Just so you know--this isn't a chat-style forum, so we can't respond immediately to all posts.

Yes, I mean opening the phone up to look at the connections. You can find a number of videos on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poRbG6l32aQ

imnoevil

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

i just did it and everything checks out except wifi :/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member