Can I get some help with Kies 3?

Roxy R

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Kies 3 Frustration

Hey all,
So I unfortunately had to re-install Norton yesterday on my laptop and went to put some music on my phone on Kies 3. Now before the re-installation Kies worked just fine. No complaints whatsoever, but now my laptop isn't even detecting the phone when it's connected and when I go into Kies 3 it's just stuck on the Connecting screen. Does anybody have any ideas on what permissions Norton needs for the program to work again or any other ideas?

Edit: Hello,

Thanks for responding!

I did get this error with it though when I connected it when the firewall was active:

failed to connect the device
connection or use maybe restricted if device access including writing is prohibited by your computer security program or for any other reason

I just don't know which settings to switch around in Norton to get the program accepted and going is all.

Just disabled the Firewall with the same result with the connection. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premuium 64 bit and Norton is Norton Security Suite (without Constant Guard)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Norton_Support

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the problem. Which version of Norton do you use? Which is your Operating System? Did you try to disable Firewall in Norton & then check the connectivity with the phone? Does it work if you completely disable the protection in Norton or when you uninstall Norton?

Norton Support

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech