Can I get some help with a Galaxy S3 Authentication error?

Jonbelize

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S3 Authentication error

My S3 was working perfectly 2 weeks ago until it gave me this error. My bedroom is very close to the router and still cant connect I know the password is correct. When i go close to the router i can connect fine but if I go into my bedroom which is literally right next to it it cant connect. I changed the Security type of the router to "Open" and it worked fine in my bedroom.

Device- Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted
Version- Android Jellybean 4.3

I have never dropped my phone before or any moisture exposure.

Procedures Ive taken:
Ive entered *#0011# and turned Power Saver Mode off. Didnt work
Factory reset the phone. Didnt work
Reset Router. Didnt work

Thanks in advance
Jon

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Authentication error

Try changing the encryption on the router to AES. You're really describing 2 different problems. If the phone connects to the router only wnen it's close to the router, that's a signal strength problem, so changing it to open wouldn't change anything. If the phone only connects to the router when it's open that's an authentication problem, but your phone connects with authentication if it's close. Since 4.4.2, there's been some problem with TKIP ot TKIP+AES encryption, so changing that to AES may solve your problem, but if not it's going to take someone who knows how to run Wireshark and interpret the results - and is there.

Jonbelize

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

Sorry for the long wait I was in the hospital. I changed it when i got home and it still doesnt work.

Jonbelize

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

****Update****

Now my phone won't connect to any router (At work, Home,Brother's house). Everytime I have to close to the router just to get internet and if I go away from the router and try to connect it gives me the authentication error. This is really pissing me off, this never used to happen before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital