Samsung S3 won't start after cache and factory reset, why?

A

AC Question

Samsung s3 wont start after cache and factory reset

I have read all about the problems on the forum and tried everything, from wipe cache and wipe data\ factory reset but the phone still freeze on the samsung galaxy S3 GT I9300 screen. I have tried to connect to pc with cable but pc doesn't pick it up.
I get a error message that reads - failed to mount / system(invalid argument). I have tried to boot up in safe mode but that doesn't work either. Any good news or is the phone a gonner?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung s3 wont start after cache and factory reset

I have read all about the problems on the forum and tried everything, from wipe cache and wipe data\ factory reset but the phone still freeze on the samsung galaxy S3 GT I9300 screen. I have tried to connect to pc with cable but pc doesn't pick it up.
I get a error message that reads - failed to mount / system(invalid argument). I have tried to boot up in safe mode but that doesn't work either. Any good news or is the phone a gonner?

Welcome to Android Central!

Are you able to get the phone in download mode? Volume down, home button, and power button all at the same time. If you can get there you can then hook the phone up to Samsung Kies and do a emergency recovery. Make sure to have your serial number and model number written down because it will ask you for them.

Kies

Zipdiggity

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site

This is a old thread but with over 6k posts I hope you see this. I have the exact same problem. Want to give a old S3 as a kids first phone. I did a factory reset and now cant get past the Samsung logo.

Troubleshooting
  1. took out the battery
  2. booted in recovery and wiped partition
  3. Used Kies and reloaded firmware

Still no joy. It is a T-Mobile S3. Do you know what I should try next? Im not a total noob but have never rooted if thats the next option. I'm open to it just will have to google how to do it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Strange that a reset did that. Not saying you are wrong, its just odd.

Anywho...you may have to consider reflashing the stock ROM with a PC program called Odin.