The mic has disappeared from my keyboard, how can I get it back?

David Hall13

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
the mike has disappeared from my keyboard.

I had a mike option that used to appear on my keyboard to the left of the space bar. It's gone and I want it back. I've been to Language and Inputs with no luck. One forum suggested using the Google keyboard, but that doesn't have the mike option. I've taken the phone to my local AT&T store and they gave it a try but were unable to help. Has Samsung deleted this option from a recent update? That's the only thing I can think of...

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: the mike has disappeared from my keyboard.

I had a mike option that used to appear on my keyboard to the left of the space bar. It's gone and I want it back. I've been to Language and Inputs with no luck. One forum suggested using the Google keyboard, but that doesn't have the mike option. I've taken the phone to my local AT&T store and they gave it a try but were unable to help. Has Samsung deleted this option from a recent update? That's the only thing I can think of...

App Drawer--->Settings--->Language & Input--->Google Keyboard--->Preferences--->Voice Input Key--->ON

David Hall13

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: the mike has disappeared from my keyboard.

May be onto something here. The vice input key is checked but greyed out. Says "no voice input methods enabled. Says "go to language and input. There I find Air Droid, Google Keyboard (active), Samsung Keyboard and Swype, but nothing about voice inputs.
Can you help on that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22