My Galaxy S3 cell service won't work sometimes even though I have 5 bars service, what could the issue be?

Steven Delaossa

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy s3 cell service wont work sometimes even though i have 5 bars service

Hello guys/girls! I have a big problem i have had this phone for about almost a year now and i got it activated about 5 months ago and this month my messaging started acting weird well actually honestly it has always soemtimes wont get or send a text but now its worse now its hard to send a text i have to keep hitting retry sometimes it takes 30 minutes or more and sometimes it sends right away! also sometimes i dont recieve the message they send me at all or until they message me again then it will come in after so i find myself texting my own number to see if i got messages and sometimes they come in! i noticed that when my messaging stops so does the 4g data and calling if i have the data on already it wont show down or up arrows and if its off and i try to turn it on when this problem occurs the 4g wont show up until the service starts workign again and as i said before when the service goes down i still have 5 bars service there are no cell towers dwn/maintenaince so i dont know what to do im really hoping someone has had this and has a fix. ive contacted my service provider and they couldnt fix it ive also contacted samsung and they want me to pay :( i bought this Galaxy S3 T-Mobile off ebay and when i got it there was a issu with it keep shutting off when you press the power button and sometimes it would be to turn on that issue still is there but now the bigger one is here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy s3 cell service wont work sometimes even though i have 5 bars service

Welcome to Android Central! It might be worth trying a new SIM card from T-Mobile.