The phone volume with headphones is too high, how can I lower it?

curwin

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
phone volume with headphones too high

Hello - I have a Samsung S3 Neo (not-rooted), and have an unusual problem. When I have my headphones plugged in, and I receive a phone call, the volume I hear is unbearably loud. I can't lower the volume when this happens.

However:

a) If I am listening to music or podcasts, I can adjust the volume
b) If I am on the phone without headphones, I have no problem with loud volume

Any ideas?

Thanks!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: phone volume with headphones too high

Hello - I have a Samsung S3 Neo (not-rooted), and have an unusual problem. When I have my headphones plugged in, and I receive a phone call, the volume I hear is unbearably loud. I can't lower the volume when this happens.

However:

a) If I am listening to music or podcasts, I can adjust the volume
b) If I am on the phone without headphones, I have no problem with loud volume

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Welcome to Android Central!

Does lowering the ring volume not help?

curwin

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the welcome!

What do you mean by lowering the ring volume? During the call, I lower the volume with the buttons on the side, but that doesn't affect how loud I hear the person on the other side.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the welcome!

What do you mean by lowering the ring volume? During the call, I lower the volume with the buttons on the side, but that doesn't affect how loud I hear the person on the other side.

So you are talking about the in in-call volume when you are talking on the phone to someone with the headphones in.

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I posted this last year, but wasn't able to solve my problem. Any further ideas?
There should be separate volumes for ringer, in call and playing media.

If you want more control than that you'll probably have to root the device then modify the sound files(the file name is different device to device). You can go in and modify every aspect of the volumes for every possible scenario. You can set in call volume when talking on it normally, the volume when in speaker mode and the in call volume when using headset/headphones, you can set volume of media when using device speaker or when using headphones. Basically set any mode any speaker to whatever you want in each instance/scenario.

curwin

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
There are separate controls, but adjusting them during phone calls (when the headphones are plugged in) doesn't affect the volume.