How can I fix some Internal memory storage errors?

CSmith2

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Internal memory storage errors

I am using a Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 on Android 4.4.2.

Recently, I have noticed what seems to be write issues within apps when trying to utilize the internal memory. Here is a list of the issues that have led me to this conclusion:

Maps 9 - "failed to save offline map" error
Maps 6.14.4 - "Storage error. Click resume to try again." (Resume does not have any effect.)
Maps.Me - cannot download maps or routing ("download failed")
Gmail - cannot attach bug report file from within Maps.Me ("upload failed")
Total Commander - tried to save aforementioned bug report and received error "Error opening file: src." This error occurs regardless of which storage device/location I select.

Apps download successfully from Play Store, but it seems as if apps themselves cannot access the internal memory for some reason. I have 8.5 gb free on the sd card, so it is not a space issue. I have tried using CWM to make a nandroid backup and then wipe all data/caches and format all directories and then restore the backup, but to no avail.

This issue is quite vexing, so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

CSmith2

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Internal memory storage errors

Update: I spoke with Samsung reps, and they only suggested the very basic fixes (i.e. resetting, clearing cache). Then they suggested I send my phone to them for repairs. I decided to try flashing a stock ROM for my phone first just to see the results, and apparently re-flashing the old ROM solved the problem. I am now able to save normally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance