My sd card is not taking data. How do I fix it?

A

AC Question

my sd card is not taking data. How do i fix it?

I had my samsung galaxy s3 for about a year. And the storage has run out. so I went and got a SD card to put in it and it is not taking data. there's barely anything on the SD card and my phone is running out of space and I can't do some features. I can't look at photos and update games . Can you please help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: my sd card is not taking data. How do i fix it?

I had my samsung galaxy s3 for about a year. And the storage has run out. so I went and got a SD card to put in it and it is not taking data. there's barely anything on the SD card and my phone is running out of space and I can't do some features. I can't look at photos and update games . Can you please help.
You need to use a file manager to transfer content from the internal SD card to the external SD card. Also, open the camera settings and make sure you have the location of saved photos and videos to be the external SD card...this will help save space in the future. As for games, apps, and other services, those will continue to be saved on the internal memory for several reasons. However, you mitigate the out of space error by minimizing what is saved on the internal drive and delete or move to the external.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my sd card is not taking data. How do i fix it?

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that the SD card is not taking data? Do you mean that you're unable to transfer files to the card using a file manager app or Windows Explorer (while connected via USB)? Or do you mean you can't install apps to the SD card? Remember that the SD card is not intended for app installation--not all devices support the ability to move apps to SD, and for those that do, only a portion of an app can be moved. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21