Galaxy S3 emits random "water drips" and "backs out of apps....

Hamopp

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
We have a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Text Now (SPH-L710). The phone has recently started to emit the water drip sound over and over. When I try to go to access anything, Settings for example, it keeps kicking me back to the home screen. Is my touch screen defective or stuck or something??? I've seen posts about "drips" being the default notification sound, but what about this "backing out" issue???? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Hamopp

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes it still does it. I noticed today when I had the back cover off, that if I hold the phone a certain way and press it stops doing it. I'm going to take it to work ((I'm an electronics engineer) and take it apart to see what I can see. Hoping it's something simple.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As a retired systems designer whose desk was 3" past the bleeding edge for years, I've learned something - nothing about a cellphone is simple. I'd rather build a computer controlled 170 Volt motor positioner from scratch, hardware and software. THAT'S simple. (The Hong Kong Space Museum Planetarium has 5 of them - just a triac and a little phasing circuit (and an old surplus synchro and a synchro-to-digital converter to read the position to 14 bits). But the 405 foot flat ribbon data bus wrapped around the power wires was a challenge. Nothing as bad as a cellphone, though.)

Hamopp

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I'd have to agree to that one Rukbat! Further observation is when this thing has been on awhile (gets hot?) it starts acting up. Might be cheaper to just get a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE