Transferring from one S3 to another! How easy is it?

A

AC Question

Transferring from one S3 to another!

I have an unlocked T Mobile S3, with my service from AT&T now. The other day, I id a real stupid and somehow managed to jam my cat charger in upside down, and managed to run it that way for a half hour or so. Of course, my charger port is now ruined and unreplaceable, as the motherboard connection was fried. (fortunately I do have a spare battery and wall charger, so I have been able to keep the phone running - it runs fine otherwise) I have just purchased another unlocked S3 - this time its an AT&T version of the S3. Here are my questions:

When I get my new phone, I SHOULD be able to transfer both my SIM card, and mini SD card, and then when I boot the phone up, be able to use it right away, correct? (I will be putting a freshly charged battery in)

Also, will it benefit me to do a system update right away? And what will I lose off my other phone, and have to download again?

thanks for all answers in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Transferring from one S3 to another!

Welcome to Android Central! Swapping the SIM is straightforward, but the microSD is a bit trickier. Any media files (like photos, videos, and music) should be be easily accessible. But app data won't necessarily transfer over. Try using Smart Switch: How to use Samsung Smart Switch | Android Central

exapno33

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I was the OP, and wanted you to know that I got my new S3, and with the combination of my mini SD card in the new phone, and Smart Switch, I lost ZERO data and apps Didn't take long either. Thanks for the advice!

As a bonus, my new AT&T phone gave me 4.4.2 KitKat, up from TM's 4.3 Jelly Bean. I can already see the difference....;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance