Why won't my Galaxy S3 connect to the internet by 'mobile Data'?

A

AC Question

My Galaxy S3 will not connect to he internet by 'mobile Data'

My phone will only connect to the internet by WiFi not be 'mobile data', my Husband has the same phone and i have checked the best i can that we have the same things turned on/off, please make your answers not to 'tecky' as i am a 'silver surfer' Thanks lilly

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy S3 will not connect to he internet by 'mobile Data'

Welcome to Android Central young lady.

Has it worked in the past?

Do you have Mobile Data turned on. If you also go to Settings - Data Usage, first see if Mobile Data is switched on there, and also you may have inadvertently set a low data limit in the graph, so turn off Set Mobile Data Limit. Also try the Menu there and see if Restrict Background Data is on.

Have you used up your monthly allowance?

Try also going to Settings - (General) - About Device - Status, press and see if your carrier network name is showing there.

Try also: Settings - More Networks - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names, open and see if the APN settings are installed.

Also : More Networks - Mobile Networks - Preferred Network Type and check it's set to 4G/LTE or automatic.

Another option is just turning off and removing the sim card for 20 - 30 minutes, and allowing a similar time after re-installing and turning on.

It could be something else I'm forgetting so you will hopefully get more advice.

Last edited: