Why doesn't my GT-i9301i boot?

AirportII

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
GT-i9301i Does Not Boot

Hello everyone!

This afternoon I stumbled into problems with my Samsung SIII Neo (GT-i9301i). I took it off the charger and started it. That first boot was mostly successful and WhatsApp started synchronizing Messages. A couple of seconds later the phone shut down without ever getting back to the homescreen.
Now I have the following symptoms to report: When plugging-in the charger the light to indicate charging/full charge is permanently off. In about half of the cases I plug the charger in, the battery symbol appears with that "waiting circle" but without ever indicating that the phone is charging. Also I got to the "Galaxy S3 Neo" screen a couple of times but never further than that.
I tried: Getting into Fast Boot, Getting into the General Boot Menu, Removing the battery, using different chargers. Checking the forum I came across another post that advised a firmware initialization via Samsung Kies. Sadly this is apparently not possible with the S3Neo. In addition to that the phone is referred to as "relink hs-usb qdloader 9008" by my PC but while the drivers download according to windows update the harddrive doesnt show up in the Windows Explorer.
If anyone has an idea what else to do to rescue this - besides that - great phone, I'd really appreciate that advise!!

Best Regards
Martin

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: GT-i9301i Does Not Boot

Hello everyone!

This afternoon I stumbled into problems with my Samsung SIII Neo (GT-i9301i). I took it off the charger and started it. That first boot was mostly successful and WhatsApp started synchronizing Messages. A couple of seconds later the phone shut down without ever getting back to the homescreen.
Now I have the following symptoms to report: When plugging-in the charger the light to indicate charging/full charge is permanently off. In about half of the cases I plug the charger in, the battery symbol appears with that "waiting circle" but without ever indicating that the phone is charging. Also I got to the "Galaxy S3 Neo" screen a couple of times but never further than that.
I tried: Getting into Fast Boot, Getting into the General Boot Menu, Removing the battery, using different chargers. Checking the forum I came across another post that advised a firmware initialization via Samsung Kies. Sadly this is apparently not possible with the S3Neo. In addition to that the phone is referred to as "relink hs-usb qdloader 9008" by my PC but while the drivers download according to windows update the harddrive doesnt show up in the Windows Explorer.
If anyone has an idea what else to do to rescue this - besides that - great phone, I'd really appreciate that advise!!

Best Regards
Martin
Have you tried different wall chargers and power outlet sources? I'd suggest that, and if no improvement, then try replacing the battery.