Can I retrieve info from Galaxy S3 with dead screen?

A

AC Question

I dropped my Galaxy S3 and the screen died. The screen now has no image / nothing visual, and it doesn't respond to swipe. It still rings and the indicator light still comes on so I think it functions fine. It is my work phone and so IT got me a S6. They say they can't retrieve my contacts, settings, pictures, etc from the S3 because they can't see anything on the screen. That seems odd to me. Surely there must be a way. They agreed to hold onto the phone for me. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...de-accessing-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html

This should let you access discrete files, like photos or documents. But locally saved contacts (i.e., contacts that were saved to the Phone account, rather than your Google account) won't be accessible, since they're saved in an SQLite database in a protected system directory. This is why I always recommend saving your contacts (as well as other types of data) to your Google account, since it gets synced automatically.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney